Right Choice, Right Time Seminar
This practical one-day workshop covers the key aspects of Optimised Decision Making and Risk Management as they relate to infrastructure assets
Wednesday 20th June
(This Course is held the day prior to the INGENIUM Conference in Rotorua
Want to add this the following day? Click here for more details)
Asset Management as a practice has been used successfully in New Zealand for the last 15 years and in that time many organisations have mastered the core asset management techniques. Optimised Decision Making (ODM) and Risk Management are two of the more advanced asset management techniques, and are somewhat trickier to master. This seminar will take attendees through a series of presentations, open forums, case studies and workshops with the outcome of developing and applying ODM and risk frameworks to a level relevant to the assets they manage.
On completion of the seminar attendees will:
· Have an overview of the ODM guidelines and key ODM concepts
· Have a good understanding of the AS/NZS process for risk management
· Be aware of the key issues to consider when undertaking each process
for infrastructural assets
Aspects of asset management covered in the seminar include:
· An overview of the ODM guidelines and key ODM concepts
· Defining the problem and the outcomes required
· Developing and short listing options
· Economic analysis techniques: benefit cost and multiple criteria
· Predictive modelling techniques
· Using software tools
· The risk management framework- AS/NZS 4360:200
· Identifying and analysing risks
· Building risk management into AM planning
· Identifying and managing critical assets
· Risk analysis
· Treatment of risk
Who should attend?
· Asset Managers from all disciplines and their staff
· Managers of asset data systems
· Asset Management Consultants
This targeted industry course is designed to encourage participants to share their past experiences with the group throughout the day ensuring everyone gains a full understanding of asset management in this sector.
Presenter - Ian Martin
Ian is an author of the 2011 International Infrastructure Management Manual, and was on the peer review team for the NAMS manual “Optimised Decision Making Guidelines”. He has developed decision frameworks and deterioration models to forecast future expenditure requirements for a number of clients.
Ian recently led the international industry research project into successful condition assessment decision-frameworks and techniques for Water Services Association of Australia and presented the outcomes to the participating organisations in Brisbane.
Associate Director, Strategic Asset Management and Regional Manager Wellington AECOM
Hotel Novotel Lakeside Rotorua
8.30 - 9.00 Registration/Coffee
9.00 - 10.15 Session 1
10.15 - 10.30 Morning Tea
10.30 - 12.30 Session 2
12.30 - 1.00 Lunch
1.00 - 2.40 Session 3
2.30 - 3.00 Working Afternoon Tea
3.00 - 4.00 Session 4
4.00 - 4.10 Conclusion/Feedback
Want to Register Now?
Fill out our online registration for credit card and purchase orders
To achieve our vision "Enhancing the well being of New Zealand communities through leadership of Asset Management" NAMS is supported through a partnership programme. NAMS would like to acknowledge all of its partners for their support.